Announcements for Friday, January 29, 2021
Today is Friday, January 29, 2021
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel.
- Calliope submissions are due by Feb. 5 at lunch. Any students who have prose, poetry, artwork, or photography are encouraged to submit their work to either Mr. Bowes or Mr. Gilberti.
- The 8th baseball tryouts will start tomorrow on Will Clark Field at 10:00. Practice will be from 10:00-1:00. Please wear baseball pants and a hat. Please bring water.
- Tryouts for the 9th grade baseball team will take place tomorrow from 9-11:30 AM on Will Clark field. You must come baseball ready which includes bringing your equipment, long pants, and a hat. If you have not signed up already, please see Coach Dagate in the Math office or Mr. Augustin in Room 225.
- The varsity basketball team will host Brother Martin tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. Note that there are no tickets available for the varsity game. Do not show up to the game expecting to get in. The JV game begins at 5:30.
- On Saturday night the varsity basketball team plays at Shaw starting at 7:00. A limited number of walk-up tickets will be available for purchase. The JV game begins at 5:30.
- The varsity soccer team will host Grace King on Saturday afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 2:30. Senior Day ceremonies will take place prior to the game.
- The 8th grade soccer team will host St. Paul’s on Saturday morning at John Ryan Stadium starting at 9:00. The 9th grade game follows at 10:15 followed by the JV game at 11:30.
- The 9th grade basketball team plays at Brother Martin on Saturday morning starting at 10:00. The 8th grade game follows at 11:15.
- On Saturday, Varsity and Junior Varsity Quiz Bowl competed in the Cade Cane Classic. Facing strong competition from in and out of state teams, all three Jesuit teams had impressive showings. Led by captain Derek Tsang, with teammates Luke Miller, Charlie Garrity, and Tyler Sisk, JV rose to 13th place out of 30 teams, playing in a varsity tournament. Varsity B, led by captain Ken Nguyen, with incredible performances by Andrew Cavignac, Zane Madi, and Max Daly finished with a 6-1 record, to tie for a shot at first place. Varsity A, led by captain Garrison Trahant, along with teammates Blake Johnson, Collin Pelitere, and Wade Rogers lost on a rules technicality in the final question that stopped them from clinching the entire tournament. They also finished with a 6-1 record, tying Jesuit B and two other teams. A score-based tie-break led to Varsity A being assigned third place and Varsity B fourth place. Congratulations, Quiz Bowl!