Announcements for Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Today is Tuesday, December 1, 2020
- Confessions will be heard today during the 2nd half of both lunches in the 2nd floor chapel.
- Open House is tomorrow. All students are encouraged to volunteer. You can sign up to be a tour guide today during 10 minute break in the courtyard. See Mr. Hanemann with any questions. All grade levels are encouraged to sign up.
- There will be mandatory open house tour guide training today during the second half of both lunches in the auditorium.
- A limited amount of Jesuit student-only pre-sale tickets for Friday’s quarterfinal playoff varsity football game vs. Brother Martin at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff at 7:00 p.m. will be made available on Tuesday during lunch periods in the student commons. The price of a Jesuit student-only ticket is $5.00. Tuesday is the only day that the limited allotment of student-only tickets will be made available for purchase. Any remaining tickets available for purchase will go on general sale on Wednesday.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of both lunch periods in the auditorium. All homeroom representatives and Class Level Officers should attend.
- The Ping Pong Tournament continues today during the second half of lunch for Juniors.
- Students interested in trying out for the varsity bowling team will need to attend tryouts on the afternoon of Thursday, Dec. 3. Start time is 3:50 at Colonial Lanes in Harahan.
- The varsity basketball team will play Liberty High in Baton Rouge tonight starting at 7:00. On Thursday the team will host West Jefferson in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00.
- All veteran and new students interested in trying out as a sprinter, jumper, hurdler, or pole vaulter on the Track & Field team, must attend a meeting today after school in Room 112.
- All 10th and 11th graders will be able to access their PSAT scores online starting Tuesday, Dec. 8th. Students should log in to or create an account with the College Board to view and print scores by going to the following link: https://studentscores.collegeboard.org/home. More detailed information about accessing PSAT scores can be found on the Guidance Canvas page.
- Due to open house, there will be no PH on Wednesday. All PHs scheduled to be served on Wednesday, are to be served on Friday.
- Special Toys for Tots Announcement: It’s December, and Christmas is fast approaching. With Christmas comes presents under the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, some needy children will not receive gifts and probably more so this year because of the situation with COVID. This is where you can help. The Marine Corps Reserve and Jesuit MCJROTC are sponsoring the annual Toys for Tots Drive, which runs through Dec. 11. During the drive, we will collect new, unwrapped toys for local needy children. Boxes have been placed in each homeroom to collect the toys and a flyer has been placed in all teachers’ mailboxes. The homeroom in each grade level that collects the most toys will receive a donut party at the beginning of next semester. A minimum of 1 toy per student is required to qualify. The drive only lasts until Dec. 11, so start bringing those toys in and make some child’s Christmas a very merry one.