Announcements for Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Today is Tuesday, November 24, 2020
- Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving Drive. The warning bell will ring at 7:55am tomorrow. All students should be in homeroom by 8:00am. Attendance will be taken in homeroom. Seniors will be dismissed to the Chapel for the prayer service around 8:15am. The prayer service will be livestreamed in homeroom for freshmen through juniors. After the prayer service homerooms will finish preparing and deliver Thanksgiving baskets.
- Confessions will be heard today during the 2nd half of both lunches.
- Jesuit will host a Mass for families on Thanksgiving Day at 10 a.m. in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs
- Check out episode two of Ten Minute Break, a podcast from Campus Ministry, featuring Mr. Murphy and senior Nicholas Crockens as they discuss the meaning and purpose behind the Thanksgiving Drive. Available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
- The Ping Tournament continues at both lunch periods today in the Commons: Sophomores first half and Juniors second half.
- The varsity soccer team will host St. Paul’s on Wednesday evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:30.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Bonnabel on Wednesday night with tipoff set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 6:00.
- A limited amount of Jesuit student-only pre-sale tickets for Sunday’s varsity football game at St. Paul’s with kickoff at 2:00 p.m. will be made available on Tuesday during lunch periods in the student commons. The price of a Jesuit student-only ticket is $10.00. Tuesday is the only day that tickets will be held for students. Any remaining tickets available for purchase will go on general sale on Wednesday.
- There is no penance hall on Wednesday.
- Admission representatives from University of Houston, and SUNY Maritime will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.