Announcements for Friday, November 20, 2020
Today is Friday, November 20, 2020
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place through the day today in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The varsity football team will face Rummel on Saturday afternoon at Joe Yenni Stadium with kickoff set for 11:00 a.m. A limited amount of pre-sale tickets will be made available for purchase at the switchboard today until 4:00 p.m. Tickets for adults, students, and children are $10.00 each. No tickets will be sold at the gate for the Rummel game.
- The Outdoors Club and the Cycling Club will meet today at the beginning of lunch on the chapel steps.
- Jesuit’s Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the first half of both lunches in Room 311.
- The Astronomy Club, after much delay, will have it’s brief, informal meeting today in Room 319 during the beginning of both lunches.
- All permission forms for tomorrow’s paintball outing are due today by end of lunch.
- The swimming team will compete in the state championship meet on Saturday morning in Shreveport starting at 9:10.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Landry-Walker this evening starting at 7:00.
- The varsity soccer team will open its season this evening hosting Hahnville at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00. On Saturday afternoon the team will play at St. Stanislaus in Bay St. Louis.
- Admission representatives from Pitzer College and Grinnell College will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.
- Reaching into the vending machines and removing items that you have not paid for is stealing. This action will result in serious disciplinary consequences. Do not steal.
- Students are not allowed to move additional chairs into the cafeteria. Also, rearranging the tape on the tables in the cafeteria and commons is not allowed. This will result in a 3-day PH.
- On Tuesday night, the basketball team had an impressive victory over Vandebilt Catholic. Malcolm Baldwin led the way with 23 points hitting on 11 of 12 shots. Patrick Lavie had 21, Josh Washington had 19 and pulled down 8 rebounds while Matthew Knight added 14 points to go along with 6 assists. Christopher Gillen had 6 assists as well.
- On Tuesday in Natchitoches, the Jesuit Cross Country team competed in the State Cross Country race. The team finished State Runners-up to Catholic. Leading the Jays were sophomore Jack DesRoches and senior Jack Wallace both finishing in the top 10. Finishing third for the Jays just outside the top 10 was freshman Lucas Sampedro. The team closed out its score with senior Stephen Peterman and junior Morgan Hebert. Freshman Michael Vocke and sophomore Patrick Dowd brought home insurance beating many other teams’ scoring runners. Congratulations Cross Country team for a great season!