Announcements for Monday, October 19, 2020
Today is Monday, October 19, 2020
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses in the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling. Athletes who have questions regarding their spring athletic eligibility should see their coach or their guidance counselor as soon as possible.
- The Beach Volleyball Team will have practice today at 4:30 at White Sands and games will begin on Tuesday. Please see Mrs. Catalano with any questions.
- All 8th graders are to report to the auditorium today during at the start of their respective lunch period for class level meetings with Coach Songy. Do not miss this meeting.
- Any 8th grade student interested in trying out for the 8th grade soccer team should attend an organizational meeting at lunch on Tuesday in the auditorium. Each respective meeting begins at 11:30 and 12:15.
- The Lacrosse program will hold an informational meeting Wednesday, Oct. 21, at 6:15pm in the Auditorium. All returning players, as well as new and interested students, are invited to attend.
- A limited amount of Jesuit senior-only pre-sale tickets for Sunday afternoon’s varsity football game vs. St. Augustine at Tad Gormley Stadium will be made available for purchase on Monday and Tuesday or until our allotment runs out during the lunch periods in the Commons. The price of a Jesuit senior-only ticket is $5.00.
- Admission representatives from Vanderbilt University and Purdue University will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.
- Congratulations to the Varsity football team as they outlasted district Rival Holy Cross 28-20 this past Saturday at SLU’s Strawberry Stadium. Offensively, QBs Luke Laforge and Jack Larriverre accounted for over 350 total yards. Senior Luke Besh caught a touchdown and sophomore Jace Larsen had two receiving touchdowns. Defensively, the Jays were led upfront by senior defensive end Luke Carlton and senior cornerback Giovanni Licciardi who had two interceptions to seal the deal.