Announcements for Friday, September 11, 2020
Today is Friday, September 11, 2020
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel.
- Junior Varsity Quiz Bowl will practice every Monday and Tuesday immediately after school in Room 412.
- Students interested in joining the wrestling team should meet Monday and Tuesday after school in the auditorium.
- Seniors are reminded that Ring Mass will be held this Saturday, September 12, in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs at 5:00 p.m. The doors will open at 4:00 p.m., and everyone should be here by no later than 4:30 p.m. Seniors are to be clean shaven with a proper haircut and must wear a coat and tie, dress shoes with socks, and a solid color mask.
- Anyone interested in signing up for intramural ping pong should check out the intramural page on the Student Life course in canvas. Sign-ups are taking place on Canvas this week. Games begin next week during lunch in the Commons.
- An admission representative from University of Georgia will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.
- Coach’s Comment: Today’s “Coach’s Comment” is a reminder that Jesuit High School is not a safe haven for racism, bullying, marginalization, or exclusion. Are you doing your part to make sure that Jesuit High School is not this type of place?
- In a riveting competition during lunch in the courtyard, The A-K group won the Race for Survival with an average time of 38.6 seconds, beating L-Z by almost ten seconds. Ninth Grader Garrett Griffin led the A-K effort with a whopping five runs through the relay race with times below 40 seconds. L-Z also had memorable runs with a very special effort from two students on crutches. The competition is not over. Head out to the courtyard today at lunch to launch the vaccine off the third floor balcony. Represent your half of the school and take back Jesuit.