Announcements for Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Today is Wednesday, September 9, 2020
- Teachers, please conduct a uniform and grooming standards inspection right now and issue a PH for noncompliance.
- Thursday and Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue and/or white collared shirt or Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Anyone interested in joining the Bowling Club should report today after school to St. Ignatius Hall. Members of the Jesuit varsity bowling team are required to attend.
- Registration day picture retake and makeups will take place today during lunch in the auditorium. Enter through the side entrance.
- Anyone interested in joining the Ultimate Frisbee team should meet today briefly after school in the Commons outside the bookstore.
- A message from the cafeteria: the USDA has announced that all students have been approved for free lunch and breakfast beginning today. Students will only have to pay for extras with their meal.
- Free after school tutoring for 8th and 9th graders starts this week. Interested students should see the tutoring schedule posted in the Guidance Office and in Canvas on the Guidance page. Please see your counselor if you have any questions.
- Anyone interested in signing up for intramural ping pong should check out the intramural page on the Student Life course in canvas. Sign-ups are taking place on Canvas this week. Games begin next week during lunch in the Commons.
- A national organization called Teens Helping Seniors — which formed earlier this year to deliver groceries and medications to the elderly — is interested in starting a New Orleans chapter. Any students interested in working to get a New Orleans chapter off the ground and operating should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- Admission representatives from High Point University and Washington and Lee University will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.
- Coach’s Comment: The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to overcome but whether it is the same problem you dealt with last school year.
Welcome Week 2020 begins today during lunch in the courtyard. It’s time to take back Jesuit. Play the following video to prepare yourselves…