Announcements for Friday, November 8, 2019
Today is Friday, November 8, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The varsity football team will close out its regular season tonight hosting Rummel at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 at the switchboard. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00. Note that student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- We have been notified by parking enforcement that they will be ticketing and towing this Friday night around Tad Gormley for illegally parked cars on Marconi. They will also have traffic control officers on site. Please observe all parking regulations when parking for the game.
- The bookstore will be closed today.
- The Astronomy Club will meet today during first half of lunch in Room 319.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- 8th grade basketball tryouts begin today after school in the gym. They will continue on Saturday with that day’s tryout running from 1pm to 2:15.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the LHSAA regional meet at City Park this afternoon starting at 4:45.
- The varsity wrestling team opens its season competing in the Warrior Open at St. Michael the Archangel in Baton Rouge on Saturday.
- Paintball club will have its next outing Saturday, November 23rd @ Belle Chasse. Sign up forms are available outside the ROTC office. Sign up and join the fun.
- Juniors: If you are interested in competing for the Carson Scholarship worth $1,000, submit the application available in your College Counseling class in Canvas by 3:30 PM on Monday, November 18 to Guidance. Competitive applicants should have at least a 4.3 GPA and be extensively engaged in service.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadline dates between November 16th and January 5th are due on Monday, November 11th.
- An admission representative from Bennington College in Vermont will be available today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Having school spirit is great, displaying school spirit is even better.
- Last Saturday, the Varsity Quiz Bowl team finished in third place at the LSU SpoOoOoktacular Tournament. Led by captain Darren Tsang, the team of Conor Brannan, Blake Johnson, Garrison Trahant, and Collin Pelitere emerged out of a field of over 30 teams from across the state, Florida, and Mississippi losing only to Lusher in the semifinals, who went on to win the tournament. Congratulations, Quiz Bowl!
- Congratulations to the Varsity football team as they won on the road 24-14 versus the Hahnville Tigers. Offensively, Senior Running Back Raider Jackson led the rushing attack with 90 yards and a touchdown. Additionally, Senior Quarterback Grant Jordan threw for one touchdown and also rushed for another. Junior Receiver Luke Besh added a receiving touchdown. Defensively, the Jays were led by Senior Tackle Sonny Hazard who led the team in tackles and tackles for loss. Freshman Kicker Aiden Corbello added a field goal to round out the scoring.