Announcements for Thursday, November 7, 2019
Today is Thursday, November 7, 2019
Late Day Order, Day 2
- An important note about recycling at Jesuit: Items such as tissues, pens, pencils, candy wrappers, styrofoam, and unrinsed soda cans are not to be recycled. Also, caps must be removed from bottles before being recycled.
- The varsity football team will close out its regular season on Friday night hosting Rummel at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 for adults and students (non-participating teams) and $3.00 for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard from 7:30-3:45 through Friday. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00. Note that student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- We have been notified by parking enforcement that they will be ticketing and towing this Friday night around Tad Gormley for illegally parked cars on Marconi. They will also have traffic control officers on site. Please observe all parking regulations when parking for the game.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- Members of Peer Support should report for a topic meeting today during the second half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- Biotechnology Members: The activity scheduled for this afternoon has been postponed until next Thursday, Nov 14. Please sign up for this activity in Room 317 before Wednesday of next week or email Mrs. Tassin and let her know if you plan on attending.
- Both the 8th and 9th grade football teams close out their seasons this afternoon. The 8th grade team plays at Rummel, while the 9th grade team hosts the Raiders at John Ryan Stadium. Both games begin at 4:30.
- The Astronomy Club will meet tomorrow during first half of lunch in Room 319.
- 8th grade basketball tryouts begin Friday after school in the gym. They will continue on Saturday with that day’s tryout running from 1pm to 2:15.
- Top’s tip of the day: Greeting faculty, staff and students during the day is a way to build community.