Announcements for Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Today is Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- All seniors will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on graduation announcements.
- All juniors will meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on senior rings.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- Students participating in the Tulane Model UN conference will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The J-Troupe Improv Comedy Team will present their first LIVE show of the year this evening at 7:00 at Eat & Drink on Citrus in Harahan. Go to the Jesuit website or visit the Phils office, Room 202, for more details.
- The Public Speaking class will present the JHS Radio Theatre plays “The Cask of Amontillado” by Edgar Allan Poe and “The Mark of the Beast” by Rudyard Kipling tomorrow during lunch in the auditorium.
- Are you ready for Halloween? Student Council is hosting bobbing for apples and donuts on a string Thursday during lunch in the courtyard. Beware, the donuts are said to be “ghostly.”
- Halloween Movie Night will take place tomorrow at 7:00 PM in the Auditorium. This year’s movie is the 2019 comedy/thriller Happy Death Day 2U. All students are invited to attend this free event and may invite friends from other schools.
- The varsity football team will play at Hahnville on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase from 7:30-3:45 Tuesday through Friday at the switchboard. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for admission for this non-district contest.
- The Paintball Club will host a Zombie Paintball outing this Saturday night in Tickfaw, LA. Cost to attend is $25 per person. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno in the ROTC Office (Room 107) for a permission form if you would like to attend.
- Seniors and juniors working the after school portion of the Academic Support Program will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 306.
- Juniors attending Kairos 88 on Nov. 1-3 should turn in their permission forms by Wednesday, Oct. 30, in the Campus Ministry Office.
- Seniors leading Kairos 89 on Nov. 22-24 should meet Wednesday at 7:15am in the Campus Ministry Office. See Mr. Flores if you cannot attend.
- An admission representative from Southeastern University in Hammond will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
The intramural football schedule has been posted outside Room 114. Games start on Thursday. Referee schedules have also been posted.
- Top’s tip of the day: Participating in co-curricular activities is not a reason to miss PH.