Announcements for Thursday, October 10, 2019
Today is Thursday, October 10, 2019
Regular Order, Day 7
- Homeroom teachers, please have a student take out the blue recycling bin and dump it in the green bin in the hall.
- The varsity football team will host St. Augustine on Saturday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 for children. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale this week at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30 and in the student commons on Friday during lunch and on Thursday evening at John Ryan Stadium from 5:00-7:00 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. If you don’t have your student ID, you must pay at the gate to enter.
- If your number keeps moving, it’s probably a roamin’ numeral! The PSAT Prep Rally will be tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the courtyard.
- 9th and JV basketball tryouts will begin on Friday Oct 18th after the second exam. You must have all athletic forms turned into the athletic directors office in order to participate in tryouts. See Coach Hernandez or Coach Jennings with any questions.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Herpetology Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The varsity golf team will meet today after school in Room 132.
- The Green Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The 8th grade football team will host St. Paul’s this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00.
- The Field Games Club will meet tomorrow during lunch on Will Clark Field.
- Any student interested in attending the Archdiocese of New Orleans World Youth Day should pick up a registration form from the Campus Ministry Office, Room 225. Forms are due Friday, October 15. See Mr. Flores with any questions.
- The Ochsner Flight Care Team will land their helicopter on Will Clark Field during lunch on Wednesday, October 23rd. Any student interested in interacting with the Flight Care Team must download, sign, and return the permission slip posted to the Jesuit Medical Society’s Canvas page. Please return the signed form to Mrs.Younger in Room 403 no later than October 21st.
- Any 8th graders who missed yesterday’s meeting about basketball tryouts should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 212.
- All seniors are reminded to check the schedule of service project reflections posted on CANVAS and on the bulletin boards in their homerooms.
- The Louisiana Children’s Museum is seeking volunteers who are at least 15 years old for their Thanksgiving and Holiday Break Camps in November, December, and January. Interested students should see Mrs. Favalora in the guidance office. The deadline to apply is November 1st.
- Admission representatives from Centenary College in Louisiana and Union College in New York will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- All intramural football forms and fees are due tomorrow to Room 114.
- Top’s tip of the day: It’s never a good time to cheat.