Announcements for Monday, September 30, 2019
Today is Monday, September 30, 2019
Regular Order, Day 1
- The Food Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 110. New members are welcome.
- Students interested in producing content for our social media accounts, especially during Rivalry Week, will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 111.
- The Fencing Club will meet today after school outside the library.
- Jesuit’s college fair is from 6:00 – 8:00 pm tonight in the Commons. Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores are encouraged to attend and speak with representatives from over 80 schools and programs, including a representative from LOSFA (TOPS).
- The St. Peter Claver Club will kick off its quarterly speaker series with an appearance by prominent civil rights attorney Mary Howell, who will talk about her 40-plus years in New Orleans courtrooms. Howell will speak Wednesday during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- Top’s tip of the day: Being a Blue Jay isn’t a part time thing, you are a Blue Jays all the time.
- Last Thursday, the 8th Grade Football team rallied from a 14-0 deficit to tie Brother Martin 14-14. Offensively the Jays were led by Beau Perez who threw for a touchdown and ran in an extra point, Patrick Berrigan who hauled in Perez’s pass to score a touchdown and Landon Garcia who ran in for the other score. Defensively, Harry Treigle intercepted a pass in the end zone to end the game.
- Congratulations to the Junior Varsity Football team as they defeated Brother Martin 16-8 this past Saturday. The young Blue Jays were lead by sophomore quarterback Jack Larriviere who ran very physically, consistently running over Crusader defenders, while leading the offense in rushing and total offense. Freshman Gates Barre scored the go ahead touchdown late in the contest. Junior Nathan Vicknair had a great catch and run for the other touchdown. Junior Gio Licciardi and Sophomore Alex Valdes led the defense with a clutch interceptions. Good Luck to the young Jays on the rest of the season.