Announcements for Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Today is Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Regular Order, Day 4
- The varsity football team will open up district play vs. Brother Martin on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase on Thursday and Friday in the student commons during lunch and also on Thursday at John Ryan Stadium from 3:30-5:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Join Campus Ministry for the opening of the Non Nobis Domine Speaker Series during lunch this Friday in St. Ignatius Hall. Our guest is Brian Greenfield, a nationally recognized Catholic speaker, who will present on the topic, “Brotherhood and Christ: Strength at the Service of Others.” The presentation will begin at the start of lunch with a break at the start of second half. All are invited to attend.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The newly formed Business and Government Club will hold an informational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- Anyone interested in playing 8th, 9th, JV, or Varsity soccer this year will meet today at the beginning of lunch on the Solomon St. steps of the auditorium.
- Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors will meet in the chapel. Juniors and Freshmen will meet in their rooms. Sophomores will meet on the chapel steps.
- The Beach Volleyball Club will hold an informational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 112.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334.
- All Pre-Freshmen interested in participating in Brother Martin’s Middle School Math Competition on Saturday, Oct. 5, should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330. See Mrs. Merritt if you have any questions.
- NHS Induction practice will be held today during the first half of lunch in the Auditorium. All new inductees are required to attend.
- All new NHS members should check the lists outside of Rooms 218 and 414. If your name is highlighted, you are eligible for induction this year. Any ineligible students who think they should be eligible must see Mr. Ferguson or Mr. Chapoton by the end of school today.
- Do you know why chemists do not play Chess? Because they all argon! For more sad-but-true Chess stories, please attend today’s Chess Club meeting at 3:00 p.m. in Room 332.
- The Disc Golf Club will play today at 3:30 in City Park. New members are welcome. See Mr. Wyss with questions.
- The golf team will face Brother Martin this afternoon at Bayou Oaks starting at 4:00.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society will be holding auditions for the fall production of You Can’t Take It With You today from 4-6pm in the auditorium. Actors should prepare a one minute monologue from the show for their character. Please complete the Audition Form which is found on the Phils’ page of the Jesuit website.
- Spanish Club will meet tomorrow after school in the Commons.
- Sophomores who scheduled their day of service for this Saturday should check canvas for important details and permission forms.
An admission representative from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: You cheat – You get caught – You pay the price.