Announcements for Thursday, December 6, 2018
Today is Thursday, December 6, 2018
Regular Order, Day 7
- Friday we will celebrate the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Students are to come to school wearing a dress coat, dress shirt, tie, slacks, belt, dress shoes and socks you may wear a suit if you wish. You must wear your coat and tie for homeroom and mass. During class you may take off your coat, but you must wear your tie properly and have your shirt tucked in the entire day.
It’s December, and Christmas is fast approaching. With Christmas comes presents under the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, some needy children will not receive gifts. This is where you can help. The Marine Corps Reserve and the Jesuit MCJROTC are sponsoring the annual Toys for Tots Drive, which runs through 14 December. During the drive, we will collect new, unwrapped toys for local needy children. Boxes have been placed in each homeroom to collect the toys. The homeroom in each grade level that collects the most toys will receive a donut party at the beginning of next semester. The drive only lasts until 14 December: so start bringing those toys in and make some child’s Christmas a very merry one.
- An extension has been granted for the Door Decoration Contest. Doors will be judged after school tomorrow. There is still wrapping paper available in the Student Council office (Room 113).
- The Jesuit Medical Society will host Dr. Mark Meyer, MD, an orthopedic surgeon, to give a career presentation today during lunch in Room 403.
- The St. Peter Claver club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend.
- National Honor Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
The varsity soccer team will host De La Salle this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:00.
The 9th grade soccer team will host Rummel tonight at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:30.
- The varsity basketball team will continue play in the Newman Tournament today.
- Varsity bowling tryouts will take place this afternoon at 4pm and next Monday at 4pm at AMF All-Star Lanes in Kenner.
- A local law firm is looking for a senior interested in working after school as a paid intern. For more information, please see Ms. Roberts in the Guidance Office.
- Top’s tip of the day: Don’t cheat.