Announcements for Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Today is Tuesday, November 7, 2018
Special Order, Day 4
- All PE classes will meet today in the Commons.
- The third floor of the Roussell Building is ready for clubs to set up Open House displays any time today. All club displays should be set up by 4:00pm this afternoon.
- All members of this year’s JV tennis team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 219.
- The St. Peter Claver Club’s Lunchtime Sepaker Series welcomes Innocence Project New Orleans staff attorney Kia Hall Hays tomorrow. Hays will begin speaking promptly at 12:35 in Room 210, with dismissal at 1:00 to allow students 20 minutes to eat lunch. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- Green Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 311.
- The varsity football team will host St. Paul’s in the opening round of the state playoffs on Saturday night at Tad Gormely Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11) and are available for purchase at the switchboard Tuesday through Friday of this week from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest.
- The Philelectic Society’s production of Shrek the Musical opens this Friday at 7:30. Come see the fabulous Tap Rats, led by the Pied Piper himself senior Dowen Fife. Performances include a 7:30 performance on Friday, Nov. 9, as well as a 2 pm matinee and 7:30 performance on Saturday, Nov. 10. Check the Jesuit website for the second week’s performance times.
- Intramural football play-offs will resume play tomorrow. New schedules are posted on the first floor bulletin board.
- There will no Academic Support after school today because of Open house. Academic Support resume tomorrow after school in Room 304.
- PH will not be served today. All students scheduled for PH today will serve PH tomorrow.
- Seniors: The Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadline dates between November 16th and January 1st are due on Monday, November 12th. Please see your college counselor with any questions.
- Top’s tip of the day: If you see something wrong and you do nothing about it you are condoning it and that is wrong.