Announcements for Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Today is Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Regular Order, Day 5
- All PE classes will meet today in the Commons.
- All Open House Tour Guides will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Auditorium
- The Service and Social Justice League will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 132. All are welcome.
- The Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334. New members welcome.
- The Golf Team will meet after school today in Room 132.
- The St. Peter Claver Club’s Lunchtime Sepaker Series welcomes Innocence Project New Orleans staff attorney Kia Hall Hays on Thursday, Nov. 8. Hays will begin speaking promptly at 12:35 in Room 210, with dismissal at 1:00 to allow students 20 minutes to eat lunch. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- The varsity football team will host St. Paul’s in the opening round of the state playoffs on Saturday night at Tad Gormely Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 each for adults, students, and children (ages 6-11) and are available for purchase at the switchboard Tuesday through Friday of this week from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this LHSAA playoff contest.
- The Philelectic Society’s production of Shrek the Musical opens this Friday at 7:30. Come journey through Shrek’s Swamp with Papa and Mama Ogre (Mr. Mahne and Mrs. Merritt, respectively) and Princess Fiona’s Tower with King Harold (Mr. Trosclair) and Queen Lillian (Mrs. DeBoisblanc). Performances include a 7:30 performance on Friday, Nov. 9 as well as a 2 pm matinee and 7:30 performance on Saturday, November 10th. Check the Jesuit website for the second week’s performance times.
- Top’s tip of the day: Jackets when worn with the uniform should be Jesuit New Orleans imprinted or solid blue, black, white or gray without any logo.