Announcements for Thursday, October 18, 2018
Today is Thursday, October 18, 2018
First Quarter Exams
- Today’s exams are English, Biology II, Chemistry II, Computer Studies, and Speech.
- Students should not be in the hallways during the exam period or between exam periods. Once you complete your exam you should exit the hallways quietly. You may remain in the Commons, Resource Center, or the yard during this time.
- National Honor Society members volunteering for the ALS Walk this Saturday are reminded to download and complete the permission slip available on Canvas. Permission slips should be turned in to Mrs. Tassin as soon as possible.
- Student Ministry will meet today after the second exam in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs. Lunch will be provided.
- Basketball tryouts for the Freshmen and JV team will be held today after second exam at 11:45 in the gym. Anyone that cannot make it please see Coach Hernandez.
- The Pre-Freshman Retreat will be held tomorrow from 8am to 2pm at Jesuit High School. All Pre-Freshman should arrive via Solomon St. and check-in in at the back of the auditorium. Please see Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office if you cannot attend.
- The varsity football team will host Archbishop Shaw tomorrow afternoon at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 3:30. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today and tomorrow from 7:30-3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- The theme for tomorrow’s football game is a blue out.
- The 9th grade football team will host Shaw this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:00.
The 8th grade football team will play at St. Paul’s this evening starting at 5:30.
The JV football team will play at Shaw on Saturday morning starting at 10:00.
The varsity cross country team will compete in the Jack Schommer Invitational on Saturday morning on City Park starting at 9:40. The JV race begins at 11:05, while the junior high race starts at 10:45.
- The Pro-Life Club will pray at the abortion facility on General Pershing this Saturday morning at 9am.
- Halloween Movie Night will take place this Saturday at 6:30 PM in the Auditorium. All students and their friends are invited to take part in this free event. We will present two movies: the 2017 animated, adventure, comedy Coco & the 2017 horror, mystery, thriller Happy Death Day. Pop-corn, pizza, & beverages will be on sale in the lobby.