Announcements for Thursday, October 4, 2018
Today is Thursday, October 4, 2018
Regular Order, Day 5
- Teachers please have a student empty the recycling bins.
- The varsity football team will face John Curtis on Friday night at Yulman Stadium on Tulane’s campus with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are on sale at the switchboard today through Friday of this week from 7:30-3:30. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- 8th graders interested in trying out for the 8th grade basketball team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- Students interested in organizing and leading Jesuit’s world-famous student section, The Gizzard, will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 112.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210. New members are welcome.
- Model UN will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- All 8th and 9th graders interested in attending the Ben Franklin Math Tournament on Oct 20th should attend a brief meeting during the second half of lunch in Room 329. Email Mrs. Merritt if you have any questions.
- The Programming Club will meet today after school in Room 403. New members are welcome.
- Green Club will meet today after school in room 311.
- This evening’s Homecoming Court practice is cancelled.
- The Odd Instruments Orchestra will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in the bandroom, Room 302.
- Students, faculty, and staff interested in donating blood should contact Mrs. Tassin to sign up. Our blood drive will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 9 in the Commons.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will host the Ochsner Flight Care Team tomorrow during lunch on Will Clark field. The Ochsner Flight Care Team is a group of medical practitioners who transport critically-ill and emergent patients to Ochsner by helicopter. They will land on Will Clarke field shortly after the lunch period begins. JMS members will meet with the team during the first half of lunch on Friday. Others students interested in visiting with the team can stop by during the second half of lunch.
- The Teen Ambassadors Against Crime (TAAC) Leadership Program sponsored by Crimestoppers is a citywide leadership program designed to help students gain a better understanding of the criminal justice system. If you are interested in this program, please see Mr. Ernst, who will be in Room 216 today and tomorrow during 10-minute break to answer questions and to distribute applications. You may also contact Mr. Ernst by e-mail for more information. The application deadline is next Friday, October 12th.
- Any student interested in volunteering to work at the Muffaletta Festival this Saturday at Nor Joe’s on Metairie Rd. should see Mrs. Favalora today in the guidance office.
- Top’s tip of the day: Remember you are Blue Jays 24/7.
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1 – 1003 vs. 1009, referees: John Cashen & Willie Robinson
- Field 2 – 1005 vs. 1004, referees: Matthew Moore & Jack Besh
- Field 3 – 1103 vs. 1108, referees: Charles Korndorffer & Carlo Barerra
- Field 4 – 1202 vs. 1207, referees: Michael Buisson