Announcements for Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Today is Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Regular Order, Day 4
- It’s Rivalry Week and that means Friday will see the 99th meeting of Jesuit and Holy Cross on the gridiron. Get ready for the event by purchasing your Game Day T-shirt in the Student Commons before school and at lunch each day this week. Regular sizes are $10 and larger sizes are $15. Friday will be a rivalry shirt day. Wear your rivalry t-shirt on Friday in place of your school shirt.
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 99th meeting of the Great American Rivalry Series game on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard today through Friday from 7:30-3:30 and in the student commons during lunch on Friday. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students (Non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Purchase your tickets early to avoid the lengthy lines at the gate. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate.
- This Thursday during the lunch period representatives of the Great American Rivalry will be in the courtyard to conduct the chin-up challenge as part of the Rivalry events. They will be at Holy Cross on Friday doing the same thing. The school with the most chin-ups is announced during the game. The Jays won last year. Bring home the prize again this year by stopping by the courtyard tomorrow and get some reps in.
- Elections for Senior Homecoming Court will be available on CANVAS today and tomorrow. Only Seniors can vote.
- The Classics Society will be available for Greek and Latin tutoring today during lunch in Room 413.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet today during the first of lunch on Will Clark Field.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 230.
- Spanish Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 322.
All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Juniors will meet in the chapel. Sophomores in Room 227. Freshmen in Room 224. Seniors will meet on the roof.
The 9th grade football team will host Warren Easton this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:30.
The 8th grade football team will play at Holy Cross this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 210. New members are welcome.
- Don’t get rooked! Join the Chess Club, which will meet tomorrow after school in Room 112. Anyone interested in joining or more information is welcome to attend.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 221 to watch Dunkirk. New members are welcome.
- The Programming Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 403. New members are welcome.
- Admission representatives from Xavier University of Louisiana and the University of South Alabama will be available during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day:
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1 – 801 vs. 802, referees: Patrick Dowd & Dominic Loguidice
- Field 2 – 902 vs. 906, referees: Aidan Gauthe & Willie Robinson
- Field 3 – 1003 vs. 1006, referees: Joe Nolfe & Zade Solis
- Field 4 – 1201 vs. 1206, referees: Matt Fanguy & Preston Bordes