Announcements for Thursday, September 20, 2018
Today is Thursday, September 20, 2018
Regular Order, Day 1
- Teachers please have a student empty the blue recycling bins in your classrooms today.
- The French Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 318.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will launch its monthly speaker series today during first half of lunch in Room 210. Prominent local attorney Christian Rhodes will speak on “Navigating the Majority Experience.” Please arrive promptly so that we can maximize the time with our speaker. The program will end at 12:40 so that attendees have ample time for lunch.
- All members of Peer Support should report to a topic meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- Students interested in reviving the Odds Instruments Orchestra will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214. An odd musical instrument is required; musical talent is not.
- Students interested in participating in the YMCA Model UN Conference are reminded to turn in their registration forms by tomorrow to Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office, Room 205.
- The Ping Pong Club begins play tomorrow after school outside Room 407.
- The varsity football team will open district play vs. St. Augustine on Saturday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today through Friday of this week from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both students ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate.
- Students interested in joining the Jesuit Medical Society should email their name and student number to email@example.com. Also, any students interested in joining HOSA (future health professionals) should pick up a registration form outside of Room 403 or Room 313. Completed forms are to be turned in to Mrs. Younger in Room 403. The deadline for registration is Friday, Oct. 12.
- A representative of the Naval ROTC program will be available today during lunch in Room 122. If you are considering ROTC programs, this is a good opportunity to get your questions answered. Please come during either halves of lunch.
An admission representative from Denison University in Granville, OH will be available during lunch today in Room 121.
- Top’s tip of the day: City ordinances must be observed when parking on the street.
- Intramural football schedule for today:
- Field 1: 809 vs. 810, referees: Vance Deagano & Patrick Dowd
- Field 2: Jack Besh & Connor Boylan