Announcements for Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Today is Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 7
- Rush Days will take place today during lunch in the Commons. All students are invited to check out our co-curricular offerings. View the Rush Day Assignments here.
- Used booksale money is available for pick up until Friday in the Principal’s Office, Room 235.
- The General Student Council will hold its first meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 329. All Homeroom Representatives and Class Level Officers must attend.
Junior Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 231. Sophomores will meet in Room 227. Freshmen will meet in Room 224. Senior Sodality will not meet today.
- The Chess Club will meet today after school in Room 112. Anyone interested in joining or obtaining more information about the Chess Club is invited to attend.
- Beach Volleyball Club practice will be held today at 4:30 at White Sands Courts.
- Student Ministry will meet to prepare for the Freshman Retreat tomorrow at 7:15am in Room 329. See Mr. Flores if you cannot attend.
- Tryouts for Junior Varsity Quiz Bowl will begin tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 412.
- Students interested in running for Homecoming Court must meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 112. 8th Grade students are not eligible to run.
- All new members of the National Honor Society will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Model United Nations Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214. New members are welcome.
- Students interested in joining the Bowling Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 304. No competitive bowling experience is necessary. Please see Mr. McCabe in Room 301 if you cannot attend but want to participate.
- The Programming Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 403. New members are welcome.
- The varsity football team will play at Central in Baton Rouge on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the switchboard today through Thursday from 7:30-3:30 and on Friday from 7:30-1:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be honored at the gate.
The Jesuit lacrosse program will hold its parent meeting this Friday at 6PM in the Commons. Anyone interested in playing lacrosse this school year must have a parent or guardian attend this meeting.
- 8th Grade students interested in running for Class President should pick up a form outside Room 113. Forms are due Monday to the Student Council Office or Guidance Office.
- Any students interested in assisting with the Good Shepherd School’s annual fundraiser on Saturday night should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in Peer Support who missed yesterday’s meeting should go to the Guidance Office this week for more information.
- Tomorrow is the deadline for submitting intramural football registration forms and fees. The intramural football captain’s meeting will take place tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- An admission representative for Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: It may be a joke to you, but it may be harassment to someone else.