Student Body Elects One E-Board Position, Sends Three Positions to Run-Off
Blue Jays of all grade levels exercised their right to vote by casting their ballots in the 2016-2017 Student Council Executive Board election. Following Tuesday’s election speeches, which ranged from heartfelt to humorous, Blue Jays took to the polls to elect four officers to next school year’s E-Board.
The election of officers to the 2016-2017 student council executive board resulted in one position filled – for the office of secretary – and three run-off races.
Secretary – sophomore Leo John Arnett
Run-off elections will take place Thursday, March 31, before school and during lunch in the Commons.
Treasurer candidates – sophomores Ben Finicle and Eddie Redmann
Vice President candidates – juniors Guy Cresson and A. Richi Fernando
President candidates – juniors William Fine and Jack Quaglino
Grade Level Officers
While these results will determine the final slate of officers in the E-Board, the race for grade level officers is still open. Students from all grade levels interested in running for class level president can pick up nomination forms from the student council office in Room 113.
The Student Council is composed of representatives from all grade levels. Its purposes are:
- To serve as a unifying agency in support of all school activities
- To foster in the students the ideals of Jesuit High School and to inspire the highest type of school spirit
- To provide a means of creating better fellowship and understanding between faculty and students and among the students themselves
- To provide a greater opportunity for self-government and experience in democratic practices by affording a realistic representation of the views of the student body
- To develop in its members the ideals and practice of Christian leadership