In the NewsMore News
Jayson’s Wild PhotoWild Photo Archives
In the “Dome” Stretch…
As the work on “100-year renovation” of the Chapel of the Holy Name of Jesus (small chapel) enters its final stages, the intricate stained glass of the central dome shines brighter than ever. Students and faculty/staff members walking through the second floor hallway of the administration wing regularly peek in to watch as construction progresses. Drawing on the Moresque style of Immaculate Conception Church on Baronne Street, the chapel was originally built downtown in 1901 as part of the Jesuit College, as the school was then known. When Jesuit built its high school at the current location, the stained glass, altar, and pews of the chapel were reconstructed on site.
English/Biology II, Chemistry II, Computer Studies, Fine Arts II, Speech
Mathematics/Latin, Study Skills
Social Studies/French, Greek, Spanish