Second Run-off Election to be Held for Student Council Office of Secretary
A tie in the run-off vote for the student council executive board race for secretary will force a second run-off vote on Wednesday, April 1. Elections will take place before school and during lunch. Sophomore William Fine and junior Andre Nguyen will continue to campaign for office until the day of the vote.
This latest development is another history-making turn of events in an already historic election as the tie is the first of its kind in Executive Board election history. Earlier this week, Blue Jays elected incumbent president Joseph Dupré to a second term. Dupré was likely the first junior in the history of the organization to hold its highest office, and therefore also the first to hold a second term.
Grade Level Officers
The race for grade level officers is still open. Students from all grade levels interested in running for class level president can pick up nomination forms from the student council office.
The Student Council is composed of representatives from all grade levels. Its purposes are:
- To serve as a unifying agency in support of all school activities
- To foster in the students the ideals of Jesuit High School and to inspire the highest type of school spirit
- To provide a means of creating better fellowship and understanding between faculty and students and among the students themselves
- To provide a greater opportunity for self-government and experience in democratic practices by affording a realistic representation of the views of the student body
- To develop in its members the ideals and practice of Christian leadership