Oath of Office Administered to the Executive Board of Jesuit’s Student Council
The executive board of Jesuit’s 2015-16 Student Council was sworn into office during Friday’s Morning Assembly.
The students campaigned and were elected to office at the end of the last school year.
The Constitution of the Student Council outlines the responsibilities of members of the executive board:
- To serve as a unifying agency in support of all school activities;
- To foster in the students the ideals of Jesuit High School and to inspire the highest type of school spirit;
- To provide a means of creating better fellowship and understanding between faculty and students and among the students themselves;
- To provide a greater opportunity for self-government and experience in democratic practices by affording a realistic representation of the views of the student body;
- To foster ideals of Christian leadership through a spirit of service to the student body and the larger community.
Jesuit principal Mr. Peter Kernion ’90 first administered the oath to senior Joseph Dupré, who is president of the council. Dupré then administered the oath to his fellow council members: seniors Felix Rabito (vice president), Will Hurley (treasurer), André Nguyen (secretary), and John Nimmo (senior class president); William Fine (junior class president), senior executive aids Aubrey Champlin and Myles Kuss; and junior executive aide Patrick Rees.
Upon raising their right hand, each executive board member recited the oath: “I… affirm that I will faithfully executive my office on the Jesuit Student Council, and I will, to the best of my ability, act as a positive example in all that I do, foster Blue Jay spirit in our community, preserve the Student Council Constitution, and live up to the ideals and norms of Jesuit High School.”
Mr. Chris Bowes ’02 and Mr. Scott Delatte ’06 serve as co-moderators of the Student Council.