“Crab” Whacks Solo Home Run as Jays Shoo Away the Cardinals, 12-2
Jays Will Use Gerard Oubre Memorial Tournament to Fine Tune Their Play Before District Season Opens Next Week
The Blue Jays scored 12 runs on 13 hits against the Belle Chasse Cardinals Tuesday night, triggering the 10-run rule and ending the game in the sixth inning at John Ryan Stadium. Jesuit’s 12-2 victory notched the Jays’ twelfth win of the season against three losses.
Leading the Jays offensively was a trio of seniors:
- Third baseman Scott Crabtree followed up his second inning RBI triple with a solo home run in the fourth, a towering hit over the right field wall.
- Shortstop Alex Galy had three hits, including a double, scored two runs, and had an RBI.
- Center fielder Harrison Daste had two hits, including a double, two RBIs, and scored a run.
The Jays used three pitchers:
- Senior David Boh won his first game of the season by pitching 2.1 innings, giving up one hit and striking out a pair of Cardinals.
- Senior Logan Hornung pitched 2.2 innings, giving up 2 hits and striking out three batters.
- Junior Connor Maginnis pitched a full inning, giving up one hit, striking out one batter, and allowing two earned runs.
The Jays will play four games beginning Thursday evening in the annual Gerard Oubre Memorial Tournament. The first three games are scheduled to be played at John Ryan Stadium.
- Thursday, March 19: Jesuit vs. Assumption; 1st pitch at 5 p.m.
- Friday, March 20 is a double-header: Jesuit vs. Zachary at 4 p.m. followed by the Jays vs. the Patriots of John Curtis at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 21: Jesuit vs. Hahnville at Hahnville; 1st pitch is 12:30 p.m.