Class of ’56 Celebrates Memorial Mass in Renovated Chapel
The Class of 1956 gathers each year to celebrate Mass and pray for their deceased classmates. Usually held in December, the Memorial Mass was held on March 21 this year so that the Mass could be held in the renovated Holy Name Chapel on the school’s campus.
During the Prayers of the Faithful, a representative of each track class read the names of their deceased classmates from that class. Following Mass, the ’56ers and their guests enjoyed a lunch at the home of Dr. and Mrs. Ted Borgman. As usual, Pat White took the lead with organizing the event. Also as usual, David Schoff provided saxophone accompaniment to the singing of the Alma Mater. School president Fr. Anthony McGinn, S.J. ’66 celebrated the Mass.