Student Council Election Results Decided After Four-Seat Runoff Vote
It was one of the tightest student council executive board races in recent history, with all four seats decided in a runoff election held on Thursday, April 3.
Results for the election of officers to the 2014-2015 student council executive board are:
Secretary —junior Michael McMahon
Treasurer — junior Mako Giordano
Vice President — junior Chris Mills
President — sophomore Joseph Dupré
While Thursday’s results decided the slate of officers in the E-board, the race for grade level officers is still open. Students from all grade levels interested in running for class level president can pick up nomination forms starting tomorrow from the student council office.
The Student Council is composed of representatives from all grade levels. Its purposes are:
- To serve as a unifying agency in support of all school activities
- To foster in the students the ideals of Jesuit High School and to inspire the highest type of school spirit
- To provide a means of creating better fellowship and understanding between faculty and students and among the students themselves
- To provide a greater opportunity for self-government and experience in democratic practices by affording a realistic representation of the views of the student body
- To develop in its members the ideals and practice of Christian leadership