Soccer Homecoming on Jan. 3 to Recognize 1995 & 2005 State Champs
It’s time to celebrate Blue Jay Soccer. And a big part of that celebration is connecting with the Jesuit team of 2015 while remembering and honoring those Blue Jay soccer players who are the foundation of today’s program.
You and your family are invited to the Jesuit Soccer Homecoming on January 3, 2015, at John Ryan Stadium. This year’s program features the recognition of the 1995 and 2005 State Championship teams. The 1995 team is celebrating the 20th anniversary of their achievement, while the 2005 team is celebrating 10 years since they won state.
The soccer celebration will unfold as follows:
- 11:00 a.m. – Soccer alumni, their families (including those who cheered them on when they played – their parents), and the 2015 Jesuit team and their families meet in Pontiff Pavilion at John Ryan Stadium for lunch, compliments of the Advancement Office and the parents of today’s players.
- Each former Blue Jay soccer player will receive a gift from this year’s soccer program.
- 12:10 p.m. – Coach Hubie Collins invites all soccer alumni (former player only, please) to the locker room to greet this year’s team.
- 12:15 p.m. – The players will reenter the field for a pre-game ceremony honoring the 1995 and 2005 State Championship teams.
- 12:30 p.m. – Kickoff begins the game between the Blue Jays and the Eagles.
- Halftime – The children of soccer alumni are invited onto Alumni Field to kick the old soccer ball around just as Dad did during his time wearing the Blue and White.
Tickets will be available when you enter at 11:00 a.m.: $5 for adults, $3 for children (6-12 years of age), free for children under 6.
Please pass the word to other alumni of the Jesuit soccer program.
For more information, contact:
|Carlos Calix ’92||(soccer alumni rep)||(504) 723-9263 / email@example.com|
|Pete Lozowski||(current parents rep)||(504) 453-4333 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anne Barnes||(co-soccer alumni parents rep)||(504) 458-8444 / BarnesEngineering@cox.net|
|Charlie Freel||(co-soccer alumni parents rep)||(504) 669-1387 / email@example.com|