Soccer Homecoming on Jan. 4 to Celebrate 15th Anniversary of 1999 State Champs
It’s time to celebrate Blue Jay Soccer. And a big part of that celebration is connecting with today’s Jesuit team of 2014 while remembering and honoring those Blue Jay soccer players who are the foundation of today’s program.
Soccer alumni and their families are invited to the Jesuit Soccer Homecoming at John Ryan Stadium on January 4, 2014. This year’s program features the recognition of the 1999 State Championship team on the occasion of the 15th year anniversary of their accomplishment. The 1999 team, coached by the late Garry Ortner, was Jesuit’s first undefeated and untied soccer team, finishing at 31-0-0.
The soccer celebration will unfold as follows:
- 10:30 a.m. – Soccer alumni and their families and current soccer families will meet in Pontiff Pavilion for a morning party featuring complimentary coffee, milk, juice, and donuts. Each former Blue Jay soccer player will receive a cap announcing him as a Jesuit soccer alumnus, a gift of this year’s soccer program.
- 11:00 a.m. – Coach Hubie Collins invites all soccer alumni (former player only, please) to the locker room to greet this year’s team. At 11:10 a.m., the players will reenter the field for a pre-game ceremony honoring the 1999 State Championship team.
- 11:15 a.m. – Kickoff begins the game between the Blue Jays and the Eagles.
- Halftime – The children of soccer alumni are invited onto Alumni Field to kick the old soccer ball around just as Dad did during his time wearing the Blue and White.
- Post-game – Soccer alumni, their families (including these who cheered them on when they played – their parents), and the 2014 Jesuit team and their families meet in Pontiff Pavilion for lunch, compliments of the Advancement Office and the parents of today’s players.
Tickets will be available when you enter at 10:30 a.m.: $5 for adults, $3 for children (6-12 years of age), free for children under 6.
Plan on celebrating Blue Jay soccer-and especially the 15th year anniversary of the 1999 State Championship-at the Jesuit Soccer Homecoming on January 4, 2014, at 10:30 a.m. at John Ryan Stadium. Please pass the word to other alumni of the Jesuit soccer program.
For more information, contact:
- Carlos Calix ’92 at (504) 723-9263 / email@example.com (soccer alumni rep)
- Diane Bourgeois at (504) 495-5522 / firstname.lastname@example.org (current parents rep)
- Anne Barnes at (504) 458-8444 / BarnesEngineering@cox.net (soccer alumni parents rep)
Blue Jay Spirit . . . Catch it. It lasts forever.