Announcements for Friday, February 2, 2024
Today is Friday, February 2, 2024
Assembly Order #3, Day 7
- To celebrate Black History Month, The Jesuit Men of Color are proud to present the first edition of Four on Friday, a study of music that shaped the Civil Rights Movement. Join us today during the first half of lunch in Room 210 as sophomore Brennan Carriere and freshman Evan Morgan cover songs by Bruce Hornsby and the Range, Sly and the Family Stone, Elvis Presley, and Marvin Gaye.
- Calliope is accepting submissions for this year’s edition. See Mr. Bowes with any questions or consult the guidelines on Canvas. The deadline for submissions is next Friday.
- There will be a final meeting for all anglers interested in joining the Bass Fishing team today during the first half of lunch in Room 313.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Ice Cream Social will meet today.
- All members of Mu Alpha Theta will meet on Monday, February 5, during the 2nd half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the state championship tournament in Bossier City on Friday and Saturday.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Rummel tonight with tipoff set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45, while the 9th grade game starts at 4:30.
- The 8th grade basketball team will face St. Augustine on Saturday at 9:00 and then play Brother Martin at 12:00. Both games will be played at Holy Cross.
- The varsity rugby team will host Family Faith Academy (TX) this evening at Marconi starting at 5:30. On Saturday the team will play Brother Martin at Marconi starting at 2:00.
- Join Mr. Jaskiewicz and Mr. Newell today at 3:05 in the courtyard for a walking rosary.
- Congratulations to the 8th grade wrestling team who finished as runners-up at the Junior High State Championship this past weekend. Individual State Champions were Jordan Ferrell, Holden Roubion, Harry Irwin, and Rush Falterman. Blake Diodene was a state runner-up. 3rd Place went to William Roniger, Jacob Powell, and Anthony Amadeo.
- The JV wrestling team finished as team champions at the JV State Championship this past weekend. The Blue Jays placed 13 out of 14 wrestlers, put 10 of 14 in the finals, and walked away with 6 of 14 JV State Champions. Individual JV state champions were Grant Carroll, Chris Stricker, Quinn Anderson, James Roniger, Sean Timler, and Will Berry. State Runners-up were Jude deGruy, Nicolas Rosevally, Oliver Burgau, and Luke Cannizzar. Jack Heslin took third place. JR Cimini and Finn Connolle took fourth place. Congrats to our JV and JH wrestlers on an outstanding season!