Announcements for Thursday, October 26, 2023
Today is Thursday, October 26, 2023
Regular Order, Day 4
- Adoration will take place today during the day in the 2nd floor chapel. There will be praise and worship music during the second half of lunch. Confessions will occur as normal tomorrow.
- The Great American Rivalry Chin-up Challenge will take place today during lunch in the courtyard. Jesuit’s student body is competing against Holy Cross’ student body to see who can do the most chin-ups. Come out and get your reps in during lunch. The winning team will be announced at the game on Friday.
- Check out episode two of the Ten Minute Break podcast featuring guest Fr. John Polce, S.J., who shares his insights on the priesthood, fantasy football, and even drops a few jokes. Ten Minute Break is available on Apple podcasts and Spotify.
- Students interested in going on the March for Life in Washington, DC, this year must sign up by Monday, Oct. 30. For more information about how to sign up, please see Mr. Delatte or Mrs. D.
- Students interested in joining the powerlifting team will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Roussell Building.
- The SABR club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. Come discuss the World Series matchups.
- Model UN will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Pelicans regular season has begun. Discuss last night’s game, the Saints upcoming game against the Colts, and more at today’s Sports Analysis Club meeting during the second half of lunch in Room 231.
- The Pro-Life club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Young Frankenstein, a horror spoof directed by Mel Brooks and ranked 13th funniest movie of all-time by the The American Film Institute.
- IKON will have a meeting open to all Juniors and Seniors with dinner served today at 5pm in Ignatius Hall. We will be starting our seminars that ask questions about the mind, soul, and everything in between.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the district championship meet at City Park this afternoon starting at 4:15.
- The 9th grade football team will play at Holy Cross this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- Students interested in taking the Candidate Fitness Assessment for admission into a Service Academy will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 110. See LtCol Himel in the MCJROTC office if you have any questions.
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 104th edition of the Great American Rivalry Series Game on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:15 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that Jesuit retains all revenue from pre-sale ticket purchases. Both student id’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission.
- Pre-ordered Rivalry Shirts can be picked up at the front desk near the Blue Jay Shop through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Friday will be a rivalry shirt day. Those who ordered rivalry shirts may wear them in place of their school shirts on Friday.
- The final deadline for all students to sign up for AP Exams is next Wednesday, Nov. 1. Students who are not enrolled in an AP Class but would still like to take an AP Exam, need to see Mrs. Yelton this week to register for the exam.
- Admissions representatives from Providence College and Furman University will be available during lunch today in the College Counseling Suite.