Announcements for Thursday, January 12, 2023
Today is Thursday, January 12, 2023
Regular Order, Day 4
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society will hold auditions for the musical, Something Rotten, on Saturday, January 21 from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in the Jesuit auditorium. Forms and information are on the Phils page of the Jesuit website. Come prepared with a song fully memorized. If you wish to be considered for a specific role or a solo part, please sing a song from the show. Chorus roles may sing in small groups if preferred. All will take part in dance auditions. You will be taught what you need, and experience isn’t necessary; we just need to see how you move and see how you follow and take direction. If you are a dancer, please bring your dance shoes.
- The Harry Tompson Center is collecting items to benefit homeless men and women in the city. Flyers have been posted in the classroom detailing items they are in need of. Please drop off all items in campus ministry or in front of the library. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
- All Algebra I and Geometry students interested in competing in the Brother Martin Math Tournament on Jan. 14 will meet Friday during the first half of lunch in Room 330. If you have questions, see Mrs. Merritt.
- Mu Alpha Theta members attending the Brother Martin Math Tournament this Saturday will have practice today during the second half of lunch in Room 229 and Room 227.
- Any 8th grader interested in trying out for the 8th grade baseball team should meet today during the first half in the baseball locker room, located on the first floor of the Roussell Building.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students attending the March for Life must attend.
- Interested in providing your sports expertise? Join the Sports Analysis Club and discuss topics ranging from the NBA MVP race to Damar Hamlin in the Madonna Della Strada building today during the second half of lunch.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The bowling team opens its season this afternoon facing Destrehan at Colonial Lanes starting at 3:20.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- The J-Troupe, Jesuit’s elite improv comedy team, is looking for new members. Join us for improv practice today from 3:30-5:00 in Room 202. Learn all about quick-thinking, improve your listening skills, and develop your sense of humor.
- Anyone interested in joining the Football Program next season that is not already working out with the team can meet Coach Manale tomorrow at the beginning of lunch in Room 112.
- Music Critics Club will meet tomorrow at the start of the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- The Jesuit Investment Club will meet tomorrow on the big chapel steps during the second half of lunch for yearbook pictures.
- Intramural teams who have not picked up their championship football shirts should come to the Theology office, Room 301, this week to do so.
- All members of the junior class in Program II must attend a meeting today in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. The meeting will be held during the first half of the lunch period in the Auditorium. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher. Please do not fail to attend your particular meeting – it is important.
- All Juniors will meet Tuesday with Mr. Delatte during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Second-notice printing fees for the month of December have been distributed in homeroom. To avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH, students should pay their fee in Room 215 before school, during 10-minute break, or at the lunch hour before Wednesday, Jan. 18.
- Room changes for today: Juniors in Coach DeVun’s 3rd period (slot 6) PE class report to Room 120 and Sophomores in Coach Hatty’s 6th period (slot 2) PE class meet in Computer Lab 1.