Announcements for Friday, September 30, 2022
Today is Friday, September 30, 2022
Regular Order, Day 3
- Any 8th grader interested in playing lacrosse this year should meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 223.
- The Classic Rock Club will celebrate Beatlemania today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The varsity football team will face St. Augustine tonight at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard through 3:30 today. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. Pay parking will be available at Delgado. Cost is $10.00 per vehicle.
- The 8th grade football team will host St. Augustine on Saturday morning at John Ryan Stadium starting at 10:30. The 9th grade game follows at 12:15.
- The JV football team will play at Rummel on Saturday starting at 9:30.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the Nike Cross Country Town Twilight Meet in Terre Haute, IN on Saturday night.
- The cross country team will compete in the St. Joseph Invitational in Baton Rouge on Saturday with the varsity race at 8:30 followed by the jv at 9:30.
- The jr. high cross country team will compete in the St. George Catholic Meet in Baton Rouge at 10:30.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadline dates between Oct. 16 and Nov. 15 are due Monday.
- An Admissions representative from Tulane University will be available during lunch today in Room 122. If you applying to Tulane you need to be there.
- On Tuesday, the Academic Games team finished competing in the local Propaganda tournament. At the junior high level Pre-freshman Cruz Ledet finished in 4th place. Cruz was also on a conglomerate team with Sacred Heart that finished in 1st place. At the senior level Jesuit had two three-person teams finish in 1st and 2nd place. Team members included Wade Rogers, Mason Becker, Charlie Garitty, Max Bartlett, Christian Smith, and Parker Alig. Mason Becker finished in 1st place individually.