Announcements for Friday, October 22, 2021
Today is Friday, October 22, 2021
Regular Order, Day 3
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The Guidance Office will be closed today as the counselors move their offices to the new building. Please report to the Discipline Office if there is an emergency and a guidance counselor will be notified.
- Any students interested in serving as tour guides for Open House, either email Coach Ursin or sign up at the Blue Table in the commons during lunch.
- The newly formed Aviation club will have an informational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 323.
- Balfour will be on campus today during lunch in the auditorium to take senior graduation announcement orders.
- The Tabletop Role-Playing Society will meet today after school in Room 120.
- Books with B2 will meet today after school in Room 221.
- The varsity football team will play at Shaw tonight with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-participating teams) and $5.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase today at the switchboard until 3:30. All tickets at the gate are $10.00 each. Both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will be honored at the gate for admission. All fan parking must enter the iron gates leading to the campus off of Barataria Blvd. There is a $5.00 parking fee.
- The 8th grade football team will play at St. Paul’s on Saturday morning starting at 1:00.
- The junior high cross country team will compete in the Crusader Harrier Invitational on Saturday at 11:45.
- Admissions representatives from Rensselaer Polytechnic institute in New York and the US Air Force will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122. Please come at the beginning of lunch or at the mid-lunch bell.
- Last Saturday, the Varsity and JV Quiz Bowl teams competed in the Louisiana Quiz Bowl Association Fall Tournament against teams from around the country. The JV team, captained by Christian Thomas along with James Redmann, Erich Smith, and Aidan Wang, had a promising season debut, defeating several strong Varsity teams. The Varsity B team of captain Ken Nguyen, Ellis Beasley, Dominic Gennaro, and Derek Tsang had some dominant wins alongside some razor-thin losses to finish in the top half of teams. The Varsity A team, led by captain Zane Madi, Andrew Cavignac, Conlan Pausina, and Wade Rogers, went undefeated in the morning rounds before losing a close semi-final on the last question to finish in 4th place. Zane Madi was also honored as one of the top individual scorers of the tournament. The A team’s impressive performance earned them a bid to the NAQT National Tournament in May. Congratulations, Quiz Bowl!
- The Academic Games team finished competition this week in the game of Propaganda. The team competed against other high schools in the New Orleans League. The Junior division team finished in first place. Team members include sophomores Max Bartlett, Mason Becker, Charles Garitty, and Christian Smith. Mason also finished in first place individually.