Announcements for Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Today is Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Regular Order, Day 6
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in St. Ignatius Hall.
- There will be a meeting for all who would like to be tour guides for Open House today during both halves of lunch in the Auditorium. All Big Brothers must attend one of those meeting times.
- 9th grade and JV Basketball tryouts will begin today immediately after school. You must have all athletic forms turned in to the Athletic Director’s office before you can participate. See Coach Eckholdt or Coach Jennings if you have any questions.
- The Yearbook Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 406.
- Members of Mu Alpha Theta will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330 to practice for the St. Paul’s Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 13.
- The varsity football team will play at Shaw on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-participating teams) and $5.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase daily at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30. All tickets at the gate are $10.00 each. Both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will be honored at the gate for admission. All fan parking must enter the iron gates leading to the campus off of Barataria Blvd. There is a $5.00 parking fee.
- Any students interested in assisting with Hurricane Ida cleanup on Saturday should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 to sign up. We’ll be working in LaPlace from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is hosting a Blood Drive on Friday, Oct. 29, in the Commons. Students must be at least 16 and have parental consent. Donors will receive a free pass to the Mortuary Haunted House as well as Halloween socks. Members of the Medical Society will be visiting homerooms this week to sign up donors. You can also sign up in Room 317. See Mrs. Tassin for more information.
- The Academic Support Program will meet Monday – Thursday after school in Room 324. 8th and 9th graders interested in strengthening their study skills are welcome to attend.
- Now that the cooler weather is approaching, students are reminded that jackets and pull-overs must be either Jesuit High School of New Orleans imprinted, or solid, plain blue, black, white, or gray without a logo in order to conform with the dress code. Please adhere to this standard when wearing cold weather clothing.
- Back by popular demand, Coach’s Comment: Control the controllables. To avoid PH or unpleasant visits to the Discipline Office, control the simple things within your control: Uniform and grooming standards, being on time for class and disrespect.
- Registration for AP exams takes place this week and next. If you plan on taking an AP Exam in May, you will need to sign up and pay for the test now. Check the Academics tab on the Jesuit website for further information about the exam registration process. You must register and pay for the test by Friday, October 29, to avoid a $40.00 late fee.