Announcements for Thursday, September 10, 2020
Today is Thursday, September 10, 2020
- Registration day picture retake and makeups will take place today during lunch in the auditorium. Enter through the side entrance.
- Anyone interested in joining the Ultimate Frisbee team should meet today briefly after school in the Commons outside the bookstore.
- Junior Varsity Quiz Bowl will practice every Monday and Tuesday immediately after school in Room 412.
- Anyone interested in signing up for intramural ping pong should check out the intramural page on the Student Life course in canvas. Sign-ups are taking place on Canvas this week. Games begin next week during lunch in the Commons.
- A national organization called Teens Helping Seniors — which formed earlier this year to deliver groceries and medications to the elderly — is interested in starting a New Orleans chapter. Any students interested in working to get a New Orleans chapter off the ground and operating should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- Admission representatives from Spring Hill College and Texas Christian University will be available immediately after school today in Rooms 120-122.
- Coach’s Comment: The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to overcome but whether it is the same problem you dealt with last school year.
- In a riveting competition during lunch in the courtyard, The A-K group won the Race for Survival with an average time of 38.6 seconds, beating L-Z by almost ten seconds. Ninth Grader Garrett Griffin led the A-K effort with a whopping five runs through the relay race with times below 40 seconds. L-Z also had memorable runs with a very special effort from two students on crutches. The competition is not over. Head out to the courtyard today at lunch to launch the vaccine off the third floor balcony. Represent your half of the school and take back Jesuit.