2020-2021 Blue Jay Student Council Takes Induction Oath
The executive board of Jesuit’s 2020-2021 Student Council was sworn into office during the first half of lunch on August 31 and September 1, 2020.
The students campaigned and were elected to office at the end of the last school year.
The Constitution of the Student Council outlines the responsibilities of members of the executive board:
- To serve as a unifying agency in support of all school activities;
- To foster in the students the ideals of Jesuit High School and to inspire the highest type of school spirit;
- To provide a means of creating better fellowship and understanding between faculty and students and among the students themselves;
- To provide a greater opportunity for self-government and experience in democratic practices by affording a realistic representation of the views of the student body;
- To foster ideals of Christian leadership through a spirit of service to the student body and the larger community.
On Aug. 31, Jesuit interim president Fr. John Brown, S.J. first administered the oath to senior Tripp Haddad , who is president of the council. Haddad then administered the oath to five of his fellow council members: senior class president Zack Jaubert, junior class president Michael Paul Fine, and senior executive aids Jackson Cheramie, Garrett Derbes, and Maxx Hanemann. Since COVID-19 restrictions only allow half the student body on campus per day, senior Chris Schmidt (vice-president) administered the oath to senior Luke LaForge (treasurer), and junior Joseph Liberto (secretary) on Sept. 1 during lunch.
Upon raising their right hand, each executive board member recited the oath: “I… affirm that I will faithfully executive my office on the Jesuit Student Council, and I will, to the best of my ability, act as a positive example in all that I do, foster Blue Jay spirit in our community, preserve the Student Council Constitution, and live up to the ideals and norms of Jesuit High School.”
Mr. Justin Genovese ’04 and Bryan Bairnsfather serve as co-moderators of the Student Council.