Announcements for Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Today is Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Regular Order, Day 7
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Investment Club will be hosting a guest speaker today during the first half of lunch in Room 334. All who are interested in pursuing a career in financial advising are welcome to attend the meeting.
- Students interested in forming a Slam n Jam team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 112. Necessary forms and information will be dispersed.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- Did you hear how excited the Queen was when she checkmated her opponent? When asked to describe the experience, she exclaimed, “I was moved!” You can share her excitement at today’s Chess Club meeting at 3:00 p.m. in Room 332.
- The Foosball Club and Acoustic Guitar Club will take their yearbook photos tomorrow at the beginning of lunch on the Chapel Steps.
- The Theme Park Enthusiasts club will meet tomorrow during lunch in Room 308. New members are welcome.
- The Model UN Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- Biotechnology Club has re-scheduled the Gunshot Residue Analysis for Thursday, March 5. Please sign up in room 317 or reply to your email via Canvas.
- All juniors should check CANVAS and complete a short survey regarding their service project. The survey is due by the end of the day Thursday.
- Juniors who applied for the service trip to Appalachia should see Mr. Prados today.
- Order your Back to Banks t-shirt today during lunch in the Commons. T-Shirts will be pre-ordered this year and delivered to school on Monday, March 16. This year’s t-shirt is the Comfort Colors brand. Stop by the table to see a sample. The cost is $15 a shirt plus tax, and only Credit cards or checks will be accepted. T-shirts can be worn to school on Thursday, March 19.
- Any students who are interested in taking an AP exam in May and who have not yet registered must do so by Monday, March 2. Registration information can be found under the Academics tab on the Jesuit website.
- Students who have already registered for an AP exam but no longer wish to take it, must let Ms. Timberlake know in an email by the end of the school day Thursday. Be sure to include your name, Jesuit ID, and the exam that you wish to cancel. If you fail to cancel by this deadline, you will be charged the remaining balance whether or not you choose to sit for the exam.