Announcements for Friday, January 10, 2020
Today is Friday, January 10, 2020
Regular Order, Day 5
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- Calliope, Jesuit’s arts and literary magazine, is now accepting submissions of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and art for the 2020 edition. The deadline for submissions is Feb. 7. See the flyer posted in your homeroom for information about how to submit your work, or see Mr. Wyss or Mr. Bowes with questions.
- All members of the junior class in Program IV MUST attend a meeting today in order to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. The meeting will be held during the first half of the lunch period in Room 231. Please do not fail to attend this meeting – it is important!
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Jesuit Rugby Team will hold an informational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 331. Any new or returning members should attend.
- The varsity soccer team plays at Holy Cross tonight starting at 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:00.
- The varsity basketball team plays at Chalmette tonight with tip off set for 7:15. The 9th grade game begins at 5:00 followed by the JV game at 6:00.
- The jr. high wrestling team will host and compete in the Jesuit Jr. High Tourney this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 4:00.
- The 8th grade soccer team will compete in the St. Paul’s Tournament on Saturday.
- The 8th grade basketball team will host St. Augustine at 1:00 followed by a game vs. Shaw on Saturday afternoon in the Benson Arena.
- The varsity tennis team will scrimmage Catholic on Saturday at City Park starting at 2:00.
- Classroom changes for today: Mr. Caluda’s 2nd period Fine Arts I class will meet in CL1. Mr. Giaccone’s 4th period Fine Arts I class will meet in Room 110. Mr. Giaccone’s 6th period Fine Arts II class will meet in Room 122.
- Monday, Jan. 14, will be a Purple & Gold Day for the College Football National Championship. Wear a purple, gold, or purple and gold collared shirt or an LSU imprinted shirt, sweatshirt, or jersey to show your state pride.
- Top’s tip of the day: Blue Jay Spirit – Do you know what it’s all about
- The Varsity soccer team defeated Dutchtown Tuesday night with a score line of 2-0. Junior Ben Bogart scored a volley from outside the box, and Senior Gabe Gordon added a second for the Blue Jays with a free kick. The back line of Seniors Winston Smith, Seth Trotter, and Gabe Gordon along with Junior Noah D’aunoy displayed an outstanding performance to ensure a clean sheet.
- On Wednesday the 8th grade basketball team defeated Rummel 28-24 to improve its record to 9-3 on the season. On offense, the Jays were led by Luke Couret, Harry Treigle, and Charlie Varisco, who hit two big 3-pointers. Defensively, P.J. Varisco took a key charge in the final seconds to help seal the victory.