Announcements for Friday, October 11, 2019
Today is Friday, October 11, 2019
Seven Period Day, Day 7B
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The varsity football team will host St. Augustine on Saturday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 6:00 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are $7.00 for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 for children. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale this week at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30 and in the student commons today during lunch. All tickets purchased at the gate are $9.00 each. Student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. If you don’t have your student ID, you must pay at the gate to enter.
- The Food Critic Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 110.
- The PSAT Prep Rally will be today during the second half of lunch in the courtyard.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Service and Social Justice League will meet today during the second half of lunch in Rm 304.
- Politics and Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- The Field Games Club will meet today during lunch on Will Clark Field.
- The Debate Team’s practice scheduled for this afternoon is canceled.
- The Disc Golf Club will play on Saturday at 10:00 am in City Park.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the Manhattan Invitational in New York City on Saturday starting at 11:30 a.m.
- The JV cross country team will compete in the Catholic High Invitational at Highland Park in Baton Rouge on Saturday morning starting at 10:00. The jr. high race follows at 11:00.
- The swimming team will compete in the Breast Cancer Awareness Meet on Saturday at UNO starting at 11:00.
- The Ochsner Flight Care Team will land their helicopter on Will Clark Field during lunch on Wednesday, October 23rd. Any student interested in interacting with the Flight Care Team must download, sign, and return the permission slip posted to the Jesuit Medical Society’s Canvas page. Please return the signed form to Mrs.Younger in Room 403 no later than October 21st.
- All NHS members who volunteered to work at the Christian Brothers Road Race this Saturday morning must attend a meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 132 with Mr Hannemann. If you do not attend the meeting or speak with Mr. Hannemann by the end of the day, you are not eligible to work this event.
- An admission representative from Saint Louis University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- All intramural football forms and fees are due today to Room 114.
- Top’s tip of the day: Blue Jay Spirit shows itself in many ways – look around and you will see it.
- Ten pre-freshmen members of Chi Alpha Mu club were in top form this past Saturday as they represented Jesuit at Brother Martin’s Middle School Math Tournament. The team comprised of William Bellott, Charlie Garitty, and Pete Metzinger placed first in the Algebra I team competition. In the individual Algebra I test, Charlie Garitty placed second, Pete Metzinger placed third and honorable mention was given to David Paul and Peter Le.
- Congratulations to the JV football team as they dismantled the Holy Cross Tigers 39-6 last Saturday at John Ryan Stadium. Offensively it was a total team effort led by Junior Running Back Jordan Hughes who scored 2 rushing touchdowns and Sophomore Jack Larriviere threw a touchdown to Junior Receiver Nathan Vicknair. Defensively, the Jays were led by a great effort by the defensive line while Junior Gio Licciardi had an interception and return for another score.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Football team as they beat Holy Cross, 20-14, in an exciting contest and victorious in the 100 meeting of the rivalry. Offensively, Senior Quarterback Grant Jordan won MVP honors while rushing for 140 yards and scoring a touchdown. He also threw for another 162 yards while throwing 2 more touchdown passes to Junior receiver Luke Laforge. Defensively, the Blue Jays were led by Senior Defensive Tackle Sonny Hazard who fought off double teams all night to register 6 tackles and a key sack.