Announcements for Friday, May 3, 2019
Today is Friday, May 3, 2019
Regular Order, Day 5
- The Herpetology club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 229. New members are welcomed.
- The Movie Critics Club will take its yearbook photo today at the beginning of lunch on the chapel steps.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet for its yearbook picture today at the second half of lunch on the Chapel steps.
- The Lacrosse team will play for the district championship tomorrow against Brother Martin at 6pm at Joe Yenni Stadium in Metry.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the state meet on Saturday at LSU. Field events begin at 12:00, while running events are set to start at 2:30.
- Top’s tip of the day: Remember, you are Jesuit High School of New Orleans
- This week the Academic Games team returned from the annual 4-day National Tournament in Orlando, Florida. The Senior team of Matthew Dowling, Nicholas Cibilich, Jacob Schenck, Bradley Fugetta, and Milan Mardia finished second in three of the games earning an overall second place sweepstakes finish. Bradley Fugetta earned a first place finish in the mathematics game of Equations. Matthew Dowling had an impressive first place finish in two of the social studies games of Presidents and Current Events. In addition to Matthew’s two titles he was also awarded the prestigious honor of being named an Outstanding Senior, the third in Jesuit’s history, and has earned a spot in the National Academic Games Hall of Fame.