Announcements for Thursday, April 11, 2019
Today is Thursday, April 11, 2019
Regular Order, Day 4
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Journey “into the woods” with the Phils tonight at 6:30, tomorrow at 7:30, and Saturday at 2:00 and 7:30! See the beautiful set pieces and light designs created by our tech crew, led by senior Alex Doll and including seniors Benji May and Erik Finney. Save $5 by buying your tickets in advance at the Jesuit website or in the Phils office, Room 201.
- The Homeroom Tug-a-War Contest will continue today during the second half of lunch in the Courtyard with the junior class. Tomorrow the seniors will compete.
- Students attending the Mu Alpha Theta State Convention in Baton Rouge today will meet today in Room 332 during the second half of lunch.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 228.
- Meet the Star Wars Club will during first half of lunch in room 230 Thursday.
- The Psychology Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 132. New members welcome.
- Students running for Class Level Office should attend a brief campaign meeting at the start of lunch today in Room 112. If you cannot make the meeting, turn in your form to Student Council or Guidance Office by the end of lunch.
- The St. Peter Claver Club welcomes former Jesuit Alumnus of the Year – Dooky Chase, III – as the final guest in this year’s Lunchtime Speaker Series today during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Chase will speak on a variety of topics including his family restaurant’s role in the Civil Rights Movement. This event is open to all interested Blue Jays.
- Any student who expressed interest in being a cheerleader next year will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- Green Club will meet today after school in Room 311.
The varsity baseball team will play at Holy Cross this afternoon with first pitch set for 4:00.
The 8th grade baseball team will continue play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament tonight at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:30.
- The newly formed Politics and Pastries Club will hold an information meeting for interested members tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- The Rugby team will play Saturday in the Louisiana State Championship against the Bayou Hurricanes at Shaw High School with kickoff set for 4:00 p.m.
- National Honor Society is now accepting nominations for officers for next school year. Please go to canvas and download the nomination form. Forms must be turned in no later than Friday, April 12. Elections will take place April 15 – 17. Turn forms in to Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- Top’s tip of the day: Without integrity what do you have.