Announcements for Friday, November 2, 2018
Today is Friday, November 2, 2018
Regular Order, Day 6
- All Open House Tour Guides must meet briefly today immediately after school in the back of the auditorium to receive important Open House information.
- The junior class Balfour meeting about senior rings has been rescheduled for today at the beginning of lunch in the auditorium. Juniors should enter through the back entrance on Solomon St.
- The Homecoming Dance is tomorrow from 8:00 -11:30 pm at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Tickets are $40 pre-sale and $50 at the door. Tickets will be sold today during lunch in the Commons.
- It’s a Big, Bright, Beautiful World in Shrek’s Swamp! The Jesuit Philelectic Society’s production of Shrek the Musical opens next week; performances include a 7:30 performance on Friday, November 9th as well as a 2 pm matinee and 7:30 performance on Saturday, November 10th. Check the Jesuit website for the second week’s performance times. Tickets are $10 for students when purchased in advance from the Jesuit website or in the Phils office Room 201.
- Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Star Wars Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 230. The discussion topics include Wookie grooming techniques and how to keep cool on Mustufar.
- The Jesuit Medical Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 403 for any current member interested in joining the E-Board.
- The Herpetology club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 229.
- The St. Peter Claver Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- 8th grade basketball tryouts start today immediately after school in the gym. See Coach Murphy in Room 225 with any questions.
- The varsity football team will close out its regular season tonight vs. Brother Martin at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today until 3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
The cross country team will compete in the Region 3-5A state qualifying meet this afternoon at City Park starting at 4:45.
The tennis team will scrimmage Brother Martin this afternoon at City Park starting at 3:30.
The varsity wrestling team will open its season on Saturday competing in the Warrior Open at St. Michael the Archangel in Baton Rouge.
The varsity basketball team will scrimmage at Northshore on Saturday starting at 9:00 a.m.
- The Investment Club is reorganizing after a long hiatus. The Investment Club will meet next Tuesday during the second half of lunch in Room 334. New members welcome.
- Seniors: Rhodes College will be conducting admission and scholarship interviews on campus on Tuesday, Nov. 6 from noon until 3pm. Please sign up in the Guidance Office by the end of the day on Friday if you are interested.
- An admission representative from Lynn University will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Blue Jay Spirit shows itself in many ways, look around and you will see it.