Announcements for Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Today is Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 1
- All prefreshmen will meet today at the beginning of lunch in the auditorium, entering through the back entrance on Solomon St.
- All juniors will meet tomorrow at the beginning of lunch in the auditorium for a Balfour presentation on senior rings.
- The Homecoming Dance is this Saturday from 8:00 -11:30 pm at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Tickets are $40 pre-sale and $50 at the door. Tickets will be sold before school and during lunch this week in the Commons.
- Tickets for the Philelectic Society production of Shrek the Musical go on sale this Thursday. Advance tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults. They are available online at the Phils’ page on the Jesuit website and in the Phils’ office, Room 201.
- The Public Speaking class will present the radio play “The Mark of the Beast” by Rudyard Kipling in the auditorium today during second period. All are invited to attend this performance.
The Classics Society will be available for Greek and Latin tutoring today during lunch in Room 413.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 229.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. Seniors will be in the chapel. Juniors will be on the roof. Sophomores will be in Room 227 and freshmen will be in Room 224.
- Jesuit’s Heavy Metal Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 313.
- There will be a Halloween fashion show/costume contest today during the second half of lunch in the Commons. 1st prize will be a free homecoming ticket and 2nd prize will be a free ticket to Jesuit’s musical production of Shrek. All costumes must be appropriate and be approved by the Student Council moderators.
- Don’t let your knights go dark! The Chess Club will meet immediately after school today in Room 112. New members are always welcome.
- The Jesuit News Network will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 132.
- The Spanish Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 320 to celebrate Día de Muertos.
- The Programming Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 403.
- All students interested in attending the March for Life in Washington D.C. who have not yet turned in their forms should see Mr. Delatte as soon as possible.
- The varsity football team will close out its regular season on Friday night vs. Brother Martin at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today through Friday of this week from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted T-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- An admission representative from University of Louisiana at Monroe will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Intramural football playoffs will being tomorrow during lunch on Will Clark Field. Schedule and brackets are posted on the first floor bulletin board.
- Top’s tip of the day: Without integrity what do you have?
- Teachers please click on the link for a very special Halloween presentation from the Phils: Shrek