Announcements for Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Today is Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Regular Order, Day 1
- Rush Days will take place today and tomorrow during lunch in the Commons. All students are invited to check out our co-curricular offerings next week. View the Rush Day Assignments here.
- Used booksale money is available for pick up until Friday in the Principal’s Office, Room 235.
- Varsity Quiz Bowl will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 228.
- All juniors and seniors interested in doing Peer Support this school year should attend a meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 329. Please see Mrs. Favalora if you have any questions.
- The Beach Volleyball Club will hold its first practice today at 4:30 at White Sands Courts in Elmwood.
- Students who still wish to audition for the Jesuit Philelectic Society’s fall musical production of Shrek tshould see Mrs. Arthurs at break or lunch today in the Phils Office, Room 201.
- The Classics Society will be available for Greek and Latin tutoring tomorrow during lunch in Room 413.
- The Chess Club will meet tomorrow after school in Room 112. Anyone interested in joining or obtaining more information about the Chess Club is invited to attend.
- Student Ministry will meet to prepare for the Freshman Retreat on Thursday at 7:15am in Room 329. See Mr. Flores if you cannot attend.
- National Honor Society members are reminded that dues must be turned in by this Thursday. New members are reminded that the RSVP for the Induction Ceremony is due today. Check Canvas for details.
- The varsity football team will play at Central in Baton Rouge on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the switchboard today through Thursday from 7:30-3:30 and on Friday from 7:30-1:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be honored at the gate.
The Jesuit lacrosse program will hold its parent meeting this Friday at 6PM in the Commons. Anyone interested in playing lacrosse this school year must have a parent or guardian attend this meeting.
- Any students interested in assisting with the Good Shepherd School’s annual fundraiser on Saturday night should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- The deadline for submitting intramural football registration forms and fees is this Thursday. The captain’s meeting will be Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- Admission representatives for Birmingham-Southern College, University of Notre Dame, and Stonehill College will be available during lunch today in Rooms 120, 121, and 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Water bottles are to be put in lockers or book bags not carried around.