Announcements for Monday, September 10, 2018
Today is Monday, September 10, 2018
Regular Order, Day 2
- Rush Days will take place tomorrow and Wednesday during lunch in the Commons. All students are invited to check out our co-curricular offerings next week.
- The Fencing Club will hold an informational meeting today during second half of lunch in Room 213. New members are welcome.
- The Blue Jay newspaper will hold a staff meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 408. Anyone interested in joining the newspaper as a writer or photographer is invited to attend. Assignments for the next issue will be given.
- All juniors and seniors interested in doing Peer Support this school year should attend a meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 329. Please see Mrs. Favalora if you have any questions.
- The Beach Volleyball Club will hold its first practice tomorrow at 4:30 at White Sands Courts in Elmwood.
- The deadline for submitting intramural football registration forms and fees is this Thursday. The captain’s meeting will be Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society is holding auditions for the fall musical production of Shrek today and tomorrow at 4:30PM in the auditorium. Auditions are open to all Jesuit students and to young ladies from the area. Those auditioning need to prepare a song from the show and wear clothes in which they can move. Forms can be found on the Jesuit website, or stop by the Phils Office, Room 201, at lunch or break.
- National Honor Society members are reminded that dues must be turned in by this Thursday. New members are reminded that the RSVP for the Induction Ceremony is due today. Check Canvas for details.
- Any students interested in assisting with the Good Shepherd School’s annual fundraiser on Saturday night should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 for more information.
- An admission representative from Wittenberg University in Springfield, Ohio will be available during lunch today in Room 122.
- Top’s tip of the day: Remember you are responsible for keeping this campus clean.
- Congratulations to the JV Football team as they beat the St. Augustine Knights 27-7 this past Saturday. Offensively, Quarterbacks Kyle Wickersham and Grant Jordan threw touchdown passes caught by Joe Lombardi and Luke Laforge. Defensively the young Jays were lead by sophomore ends Luke Carlton and A.J. Alverez and sophomore linebacker Walker Mannino. The win gives the team a 2-0 record on the season.
- Congrats to the Varsity Football team on their first victory of the 2018 season, sending the St. Paul Wolves back to the Northshore as they won 34-24 last Friday night. Offensively, quarterback Rob McMahon threw for three touchdowns including the game clinching 48 yard strike to Senior receiver Noah Varnado who knifed his way into the the endzone. Defensively Senior linebacker Mark Dougherty lead the defense with 12 tackles and a interception to lead the Jays.