Announcements for Friday, September 7, 2018
Today is Friday, September 7, 2018
Assembly Order #2, Day 3
- Today there will be grade level assemblies taking place right after fourth period. Seniors will initially report to the auditorium for ring mass practice. Juniors will report to the Commons for a presentation by Ms. Timberlake and Mrs. Hoodless on college preparation. Pre-Freshmen, Freshmen, and Sophomores will report to the auditorium for a presentation by Dr. Jeffrey Rouse ’92 on alcohol and drug prevention. Please see your guidance counselor if you have any questions.
- Today is the deadline to pick up used booksale money from the switchboard.
- Rush Days have been rescheduled for next Tuesday and Wednesday during lunch in the Commons. All students are invited to check out our co-curricular offerings next week.
- The deadline for submitting intramural football registration forms and fees has been extended to next Thursday. The captain’s meeting has also been moved to next Thursday as well. Forms and fees can be turned into Room 114.
- Any 8th or 9th grader interested in joining the wrestling team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 319. All other interested students should see coach Moran.
- The swim team will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 131.
- The varsity football team will host St. Paul’s tonight at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11) and can be purchased at the switchboard today until 3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
The JV football team will play at St. Augustine on Saturday starting at 10:00 a.m.
The varsity cross country team will open its season on Saturday at Highland Park in Baton Rouge competing in the Episcopal Meet-Round Table Run starting at 9:00a.m. The junior high race begins at 9:30, while the JV starts at 10:00.
- The Senior Ring Dance is tomorrow evening at The Cannery from 9:00 pm – midnight. Dress code is semi-formal attire. Tickets will be sold in the Student Council office today during lunch. Tickets are $40 per couple pre-sale and $50 at the door.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society is holding auditions for the fall musical production of Shrek on Monday Sept. 10 & Tuesday Sept. 11, at 4:30PM in the auditorium. Auditions are open to all Jesuit students and to young ladies from the area. Those auditioning need to prepare a song from the show and wear clothes in which they can move. Forms can be found on the Jesuit website, or stop by the Phils Office, Room 201, at lunch or break.
- National Honor Society members are reminded that dues must be turned in no later than Thursday, Sept. 13. New members are reminded that the RSVP for the Induction Ceremony is due by Monday, Sept. 10. Check Canvas for details.