Announcements for Thursday, September 6, 2018
Today is Thursday, September 6, 2018
Seven Period Day, Day 4A
- Rush Days have been rescheduled for next Tuesday and Wednesday during lunch in the Commons. All students are invited to check out our co-curricular offerings next week.
- The deadline for submitting intramural football registration forms and fees has been extended to next Thursday. The captain’s meeting has also been moved to next Thursday as well. Forms and fees can be turned into Room 114.
- Students interested in leading the Gizzard, Jesuit’s famed student section, should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 329.
- The Academic Games team will meet today after school in Room 220 to begin preparing for the game of Propaganda. New players are welcome to attend. The first competition will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 18 in the Jesuit Cafeteria.
- Any 8th or 9th grader interested in joining the wrestling team will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 319. All other interested students should see coach Moran.
- Tomorrow is an Assembly Order #2, with grade level assemblies taking place right after fourth period. Seniors will initially report to the auditorium for ring mass practice. Juniors will report to the commons for a presentation by Ms. Timberlake and Mrs. Hoodless on college preparation. Pre-Freshmen, Freshmen, and Sophomores will report to the auditorium for a presentation by Dr. Jeffrey Rouse ’92 on alcohol and drug prevention. Please see your guidance counselor if you have any questions.
- The varsity football team will host St. Paul’s on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $6.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30 Wednesday through Friday. All tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt, or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- The Senior Ring Dance is this Saturday at The Cannery from 9:00 pm – midnight. Dress code is semi-formal attire. Tickets are sold in the Student Council office before school and during lunch this week. Tickets are $40 per couple pre-sale and $50 at the door.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society is holding auditions for the fall musical production of Shrek on Monday Sept. 10 & Tuesday Sept. 11, at 4:30PM in the auditorium. Auditions are open to all Jesuit students and to young ladies from the area. Those auditioning need to prepare a song from the show and wear clothes in which they can move. Forms can be found on the Jesuit website, or stop by the Phils Office, Room 201, at lunch or break.
- Congrats to the Varsity football team for a great effort versus 4A power Warren Easton. The Jays came up just short losing 27-14. Offensively, Noah Varnado lead the Jays with 106 yards receiving and a touchdown. Defensively the Jays were lead by a relentless effort lead by Senior defensive end , Perry Gancy who lead the team with 9 tackles, 5 quarterback hurries and 3 sacks.
- Congratulations to the Junior Varsity football team who earned a 14-0 victory over district rival Brother Martin this past Saturday at John Ryan Stadium. Offensively, Junior Raider Jackson rushed for 105 yards and a touchdown. Defensively, cornerback Giovanni Liciardi had a key interception to preserve the win.