2017 Baseball Homecoming Chance to Connect Past and Present Jays
It’s time to celebrate Jesuit baseball. A big part of that celebration is connecting with today’s baseball program while remembering and honoring those Blue Jay baseball players who are the foundation of today’s program.
You and your family are invited to the Jesuit Baseball Homecoming on March 17, 2017 at John Ryan Stadium. This year’s program features the recognition of the 2002 and 2007 state championship teams. Respectively, the teams are celebrating the 15th and 10th anniversaries of their achievements.
The homecoming celebration features a reception, a “baseball” themed gift for each baseball alumnus, a pre-game ceremony recognizing the two state championship teams, plenty of Blue Jay Spirit, and a chance to cheer on this year’s baseball Jays as they take on the Central Lafourche Trojans.
The Homecoming celebration will unfold as follows:
- 5 p.m. — Coach Joe Latino invites baseball alumni into the baseball locker room, 1st floor of the Roussel Bldg., for his pre-game talk. Please, baseball alumnus only; no children.
- 5:15 p.m. — Baseball alumni, their families – including those who cheered them on when they played, their parents – and the 2017 Jesuit team and their families meet in Pontiff Pavilion for a reception. Food and refreshments will be served compliments of the Advancement Office and the parents of today’s players.
- Each former Blue Jay baseball player will receive a gift from this year’s baseball program.
- 6:10 p.m. — President Fr. Christopher Fronk, AD Dave Moreau, alumni director Mat Grau address the attendees in Pontiff Pavilion.
- 6:15 p.m. — Pre-game ceremony begins: recognition of 2002 and 2007 teams, MCJROTC Color Guard, Invocation and National Anthem
- 6:30 p.m. — Play ball!
Tickets will be available at the ticket booth: $6 for adults, $3 for children (6-12 years of age), free for children under 6.
So plan on celebrating Blue Jay baseball at the Jesuit Baseball Homecoming on March 17, 2017. Please pass the word to other alumni (and their parents) of the Jesuit baseball program.
For more information, please contact:
|Trey Fury ’02, baseball alumni rep||(504) email@example.com|
|Carl Servat ’93, baseball alumni rep||(504) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mat Grau ’68, alumni director||(504) email@example.com|
|Missy Martin, current parents’ rep||(504) firstname.lastname@example.org|